Saturday, August 15, 2009

MER pancakes

Pancakes are pretty sweet. King Boletus himself is fond of the chocolate chip pancake / grilled cheese 1-2 punch. I was neglected as a child and thus did not experience this sublime combination until senior year in high school, a time in which I routinely goofed off, ate candy, and played super mario 3.

As a yuppie, I am required to enjoy brunch. I am, however, very cheap. Brunch in DC tends to be a $15-for-eggs-bacon-bad-hasbrowns-with-parsley affair. Taqueria DF is dank as hell, but my gut could not sustain anything resembling huevos rancheros or lengua tacos. As such, I made some dank blueberry banana pancakes and bacon. I used Aunt Jemima mix. Being a Bisquick man, I was pretty sceptical. I added some whipped egg whites to ensure volume. To be honest, this were a bit too cakey for my liking. My ideal flapjack is about 1.5 cm thick, crisp outside and gooey-bordering-on-uncooked inside. What do you like? I' m guessing jk the sausage man prefers his thin and crepe-like a la Star diner. I think King Boletus is in my court. dg? Who knows.

Damn, bacon is awesome. I'm almost definitely going to have a BLT later today. But yeah the pancakes were alright. I fried this one in bacon fat. MANCAKE, PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.






-mg

No comments:

Post a Comment