Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nepal Dangia

(Relatively) Recently my gastronomique tourisme brought Your Humble Narrator to the wilds of Surkhet in Nepal with this guy:



Like a boss, he showed me around his wilds, both physical and culinary.


This street/dirt road food is certainly not recommended by Lonely Planet, much less by Ghost Hunters: as you can plainly see, this child is actually a ghost.



But never one to be dissuaded by superstition nor by the prospect of a good ol' fashioned haintin'.




 I enjoyed all the dee-lights I could, including this lil potato dish as well as some piping hot, oil and delicious laden pakora

Check out the hand model in this one - practically pro. And showing off all that is HOLY MOLE!

I'd already eaten one of these flavor bombs out of the expertly wrapped container. My bet is this bounty topped out at 30 nepalese rupees, roughly 43.33 US cents.

Lastly, a photo with the orphans to show I have a heart as well as a stomach - and an abiding love of the Wu

JK

No comments:

Post a Comment