Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkins and Squash

Pumpkins
 


...and squash.
 

I really like butternut squash soup.

To make this, I cooked two onions, a carrot and two sticks of celery in butter, until the onion was clear.  Then I added one large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks, with 32 oz of chicken broth.  I also added a medium-sized boiled potato.  After the squash was soft, about 25 minutes later, I blended everything in a food processor.  For seasoning, I used a generous amount of black pepper, some new mexico red chile powder and indian chile powder and a decent amount of nutmeg.  I also added a swirl of maple syrup, as you can see below.

Delicious.



I actually added some water after this, because it was so thick.

Great soup.  Very easy too, except that breaking down the squash takes a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment